Sunday, September 11, 2011

Croft Pink

Hey, I'm trying to say nice things here. Croft Pink, basically a rosé from the Douro Valley, released by the venerable Port house of Croft and retailing in the mid-teens. I'm drinking it right now, chilled, on a warm afternoon, (yes, with ice cubes).

But tell me, am I the only one who finds these flash sites so annoying? Bad enough they make you fake your birthday, but who's the marketing genius that sells the liquor companies on fancy-dancy screens with techno music?

I like this wine. It's perfect for this moment, with a handful of cashews while my steak and baked potato are making themselves ready. What bothers me is the notion that no one will drink it unless they are pre-seduced by Adobe.

And don't get me started on the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment